Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

On the chuga chuga

0347hrs..
It's been one and a half months with the choo choo shoe. I still can't really tell if I like it yet, though being out station is always a new experience.

There's always a lot of adapting to be done on every single flight. The work environment and people are all fluid, things done or seemed this way on one day may be entirely different on another. And I'm slowly learning to just take things as they come and try to be as positive about it as possible. So far so good.

Being in a new country is exciting, I'll always prefer exploring on my own than with strangers. But it also feels very very different from being on a holiday. I guess it boils down to the people I've for company. In Amsterdam, it was much more fun and memorable because I'd a real friend with me. Other times, hanging out with colleagues will just be an extension of work place civility and bleah bleahs.

Though there's been an exception in Joburg, where there were two other colleagues whose company I really enjoyed and felt comfortable with.

Other than that it is nice having time to myself in a new place and really just to see and taste the other parts of the world.

Having said that, I feel that I also appreciate/hate Singapore a little more. The crowd everywhere has never pissed me off so much before until now. Yet it is also nice that the humid air doesn't suck the life out of my skin, hawker food is awesome and it is always nice having the company of friends and the peace of home.

0 utterances:

Newer Post Older Post Home