Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

The 9 to 5

2142hrs..
I've been in Singapore for the past week and commuting on the bus to the choo choo shoe every morning.

Every morning I'll see these few people, without fail.

A mother with her son who I'll always meet at the bus stop. I've seen them since I started taking this bus. They have became my gauge to see if I've missed the bus. They'll stop at Tampines and take another bus somewhere. The mother always wears a weary and unsmiling expression. I took notice of them because I thought the little boy looked like kit when he was young.

An executive who works with the choo choo shoe, who always falls asleep the moment she's on the bus. On Monday we both missed our stop and she had to walk back.

An Indian man (either sri lankan or bangladeshi), who is ALWAYS reading a Tamil magazine full of words. It's either the Tamil reader's digest or some kind of newsletter. He reads regardless, standing or sitting and is always fully engrossed.

A very fair or pale ( depending on how the bus turns and lights changes) looking man who wears a white shirt and a pair of black pants to work. It's a white shirt everyday, and it's a faded white. I don't know how that is possible.

Really do people have to dedicate their lives to labour, day in and out, that they are so tired and have no time for other activities? What on earth are we all working so hard for? Where are we all going?

0 utterances:

Newer Post Older Post Home